Staking out the center floor in desktop publishing (with Microsoft Publisher at the low end and Quark on the top ), Adobe PageMaker 7.0 is targeted at what the company terms”printing.” Its potency is text-heavy files such as brochures, newsletters, and flyers. PageMaker provides commercial printing features generally seen only in high-end professional products. It will take a while to get the maximum from the program, yet, so novices will need to be ready to devote some time.
Regrettably, the app’s rich feature set may operate against itself. There are no wizards (like in Publisher) to assist you. The template palette is supposed to deal with the usability problem, however, the thumbnails are too small to see clearly, and though they are sorted to classes, there are not any descriptions. you can also download Adobe Photoshop CC 2018.
Version 7.0 is the first upgrade to PageMaker in two or more decades, but the app is mild in fresh capabilities. The interface is basically unchanged. Version 7.0 does provide compatibility with Windows 2000 and Me. It provides data-merge capacity, improved Portable Document Format (PDF) support, native support for Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator files (except for programming transparencies), and also the capacity to convert Microsoft Publisher 97 to 2000 and QuarkXPress 3.3 to 4.1 documents.
The data-merge capacity enables you to create form letters and flyers by manually consolidating altering text (by way of instance, addresses) using a PageMaker document which includes a placeholder for text. The origin of the text could be a database or spreadsheet.
The tools for producing PDF documents are useful for digital publishing, because this format is readable across several programs. Tagged PDFs empower small-screen devices like PDAs to exhibit your files. The embedded tags maintain paragraph features in order that text will be read in the appropriate order. You are also able to create regular PDFs for Internet publication.
Adobe has worked tirelessly to make sure that its products all work together. 1 warning: If you’ve got the entire version of Adobe Acrobat 4 in your system, do not install Distiller 5; you will shed your Acrobat 4 installation.
PageMaker may be the best solution for company printing jobs, but we are not convinced that users will need to rush to update. you can also read Adobe Photoshop 7.0.
Reviews Of Adobe PageMaker 7.0
- Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 is the last version of this venerable desktop publishing application.
- Although it is still sold and supported by Adobe, its functions are now covered by InDesign CS4.
- It is created for designing things for print, from flyers and posters to reports, and will export creations as PDF files too.
- Just like much of Adobe’s output it is a feature rich app, but is quite inaccessible for the newcomer.
- It will feature templates to operate from, and that’s advocated as a way to learn what you can do with it.
- Adobe Pagemaker 7.0 was originally released in 2002, and it is showing it’s age.
- It was intended for small companies and professionals, and while it is sufficient as a desktop publisher, another generation of apps tend to be more suited to the planet. you can also download Adobe Photoshop CS6.
- If you were pleased using desktop publishing apps, you’ll be happy that Pagemaker remains offered.
- But for many people desktop publishing is now obsolete, as word processing applications are now able to create pages for printing perfect for the user, and professional design suites are far better suited for company.
Features Of Adobe PageMaker 7.0
- Add document information, change security and compatibility options, embed tags for accessibility, and modify advanced Adobe Acrobat® Distiller® configurations — all from within PageMaker.
- Easily place Adobe PDF files created using Adobe Photoshop® 5.0-6.0 or Adobe Illustrator® 9.0 directly into PageMaker publications.
- Save time by importing native Photoshop and Illustrator documents. You may drag and drop the native file or use the Place dialog box.
- Use the identical utility to open Microsoft Publisher 95-2000 in PageMaker (Windows® just ). Import and export text and graphics to and from key business applications like Microsoft Word.
System Requirements Of Adobe PageMaker 7.0
Subcategory : creativity – desktop publishing
Category : creativity application
License Type : box pack
Min Supported Color Depth : 8-bit (256 colors)
Version : 7.0
License Category : shrinkwrap
- Min Processor Type : Intel Pentium
- Min RAM Size : 32 MB
- Min Hard Drive Space : 175 MB
- OS Required : Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 SP5 or later
- OS Family : Windows
- Additional Requirements : CD-ROM, mouse or compatible device
Compatibility : PC
Pros & Cons Of Adobe PageMaker 7.0
- Can Make complex Files
- Export to PDF format
- Both Professional and Amateur users served by different Programs